sunnuntai 1. joulukuuta 2013

OPTIMIZATION F*CK YEA

So I mentioned some months ago the project has grown so big I can't even compile the code on my computer without running out of memory. Well, like I said, that sounds just ridiculous considering the game doesn't look like it would require a supercomputer. And this is correct.

It was just a matter of optimization. I simply did a few solutions with creating areas and bam, I could compile the whole project from chapter 1 - 10 in mere 5 minutes!


Now I can finally check the project from the very beginning and I don't have to think about releasing the game in parts!

So yeah, the problem was basically just bad programming. So glad I found out how to get around this...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti